Frequently Asked Questions
Can we bring a stroller?
Yes or you can rent one at the Information Desk. Single strollers are $6 and double strollers are $8 for all day use. A fully refundable $10 deposit is required for all stroller rentals. Strollers cannot be reserved. They are first come, first serve basis. Please note that certain areas, like Shark Bridge, do not allow for strollers.
Can we bring food inside the Aquarium?
Yes, or you can purchase food at Adventure Aquarium. We have sandwiches, salads, pizza and hot dogs at Feeding Frenzy Café or pretzels at Philly Pretzel Factory.
Do you have wheelchairs?
Yes, a MANUAL wheelchair can be picked up at the information desk for $6. A fully refundable $10 deposit is required for all wheelchair rentals. Wheelchairs cannot be reserved. They are first come, first served basis.
Do you host Birthday Parties?
Yes, now every birthday can be an adventure! We are currently taking reservations for Birthday Parties. For more information on booking your next party, please call 800-616-JAWS (5297).
Do you offer a AAA discount?
Adventure Aquarium does not provide discounts to AAA members at our Box Office. However, you can purchase discounted tickets at local, participating AAA locations. Call your local office for availability.
Does Adventure Aquarium allow people to play Pokemon Go within the Aquarium?
Yes, visitors to the Aquarium are welcome to play, but we remind you that restricted areas are off limits to guests as safety is paramount to Adventure Aquarium. Thank you for cooperating with Adventure Aquarium.
How long does it take to go through your facility?
The average time spent visiting Adventure Aquarium is 3 hours, it's a self-guided tour so each persons visit will differ.
I have a coupon or a gift card, how do I buy tickets?
Tickets will need to be purchased at the window in order to receive the coupon discount or to apply a gift card. They cannot be used towards online purchases.
I have a Zoo/Aquarium Membership do I get a discount or free admission?
No, Adventure Aquarium does not have reciprocity with any other facility except the Newport Aquarium in Kentucky.
Is Adventure Aquarium an indoor facility?
All exhibits, with the exception of our Penguin Island exhibit, are inside.
Is there a discount or free admission for Camden Residents?
No, Camden residents do not get a discount or free admission.
Is there an additional cost for my Paid Care Attendant?
Visitors with severe disabilities may be accompanied by paid Personal Care Attendants (PCA) at no additional cost during their visit to Adventure Aquarium. This applies to all ticketed events that the visitor is attending. This also applies to individual, membership, complimentary and group sales tickets.
Visitors with severe disabilities who wish to purchase advance tickets should contact 844-474-FISH (3474) to request complimentary companion tickets for a paid PCA. These tickets must be picked up in person by the visitor and the paid PCA at the Box Office.
What items are prohibited in the Aquarium?
- Weapons of any kind or objects that appear to be weapons including firearms, ammunition, fireworks, water grenades (metal or plastic) or knives larger than 3.5 inches
- Alcoholic beverages of any type
- Pepper spray/mace
- Recreational devices with wheels, such as skateboards, hover boards, balance boards, scooters, inline skates or shoes with built-in wheels
- Wheeled mobility: Devices with less than 3 wheels; devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied, training wheels or similar modifications; devices powered by any means other than manually or electrically; devices that travel faster than walking pace; multi-rider devices or devices that exceed 36 inches in width or 52 inches in length
- Masks (unless for medical purposes)
- Pets or other animals, except for approved service animals (e.g. dogs); service animals must be under the control of the owner at all times and should remain on a leash or harness (due to the nature of some attractions, service animals may not be permitted to ride or enter certain attractions)
- Any other items that the Aquarium determines may be suspicious, harmful, unsafe or disruptive
Please Note: All persons and bags are subject to screening prior to admission, this may include metal detection.
What is your physical address?
1 Riverside Drive, Camden New Jersey, 08103
When is the best time to visit?
During the Year: Late summer, fall and early winter are generally the LEAST busy times at Adventure Aquarium. The MOST popular days are when school is not in session, such as holidays:
- President's Day Weekend
- Spring Break (the weeks before and after Easter Sunday)
- July 4th Weekend
- Labor Day Weekend
- Christmas Holiday Week (from the day after Christmas through the Sunday after New Year's Eve)
- Martin Luther King Jr Weekend
During the Day: For the best experience consider visiting after 2:00 PM on weekdays after the majority of our Group/School Group visitors have left for the day; or before 11:00 AM or after 2:00 PM on weekends and holidays.
School Field Trip & Summer Camp Days: Adventure Aquarium is a popular choice for field trips, especially weekdays in April (except during Spring Break); May & Mid-June; as well as for Summer Camp Groups in July and August. Arriving after 1:00 PM is recommended on those days.
Where is parking available and how much is it?
Secure and monitored parking is conveniently located adjacent to the aquarium. Members and General Admission guests pay after leaving the Aquarium at the parking machine next to our Box Office. Mastercard and Visa are accepted for payment.
Members - $5.00
General Admission guests - $10.00