Adventure Aquarium Offers Shark Enthusiasts Unique Shark Experiences Close To Home
As Discovery Channel kicks off SHARK WEEK (Aug. 9 through Aug. 16), Adventure Aquarium reminds guests it is home to the largest collection of sharks on the East Coast and offers guests a multitude of shark-themed experiences and programming.
“Shark Week is one of our favorite times of the year, and there’s no better place to see these powerful predators up-close than Adventure Aquarium,” said Vince Nicoletti, Executive Director of Adventure Aquarium. “The opportunity to experience the largest collection of sharks on the East Coast and the only Great Hammerhead Shark on exhibit in the United States is really something to be excited about in New Jersey. Our hope is that guests learn to revere, not fear, these greatly misunderstood creatures.”
What does Adventure Aquarium offer shark lovers?
- Shark Bridge: Guests can walk across Adventure Aquarium’s Shark Bridge, sponsored by Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, the longest V-shaped rope suspension bridge in the world. The bridge suspends just inches above Shark Realm which features: Sandbar Sharks, Sandtiger Sharks, Atlantic Blacktip Sharks and Nurse Sharks in 550,000 gallons of water.
- Shark Tunnel: Surrounded by sharks, guests can walk through Shark Tunnel and get a 180-degree view of Shark Realm.
- Touch A Shark: Guests big and small can overcome any fears and safely touch some of the most exotic sharks in the world in the interactive Touch A Shark exhibit.
- The Only Great Hammerhead in the US: Visit Ocean Realm and meet Anchor, Adventure Aquarium’s Great Hammerhead Shark, the only Great Hammerhead Shark on exhibit in the United States. He is joined by Silky Sharks, Smooth Hound Sharks, Loggerhead Sea Turtles, Green Sea Turtles, Giant Groupers and Stingrays in 760,000 gallons of water.
- Please note: All the experiences above are included in an Adventure Aquarium General Admission ticket.
During SHARK WEEK, Adventure Aquarium’s social media channels will also offer virtual shark facts, videos and more for the audiences at home.
Adventure Aquarium is open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. It is requiring all visitors make advanced reservations and purchase timed tickets ahead of a visit to the aquarium. Guests can schedule their visit by visiting adventureaquarium.com/reservations.
For shark images, please click here. Please credit “Adventure Aquarium.”
About Shark Week
SHARK WEEK, television's longest-running, and most anticipated summer event returns with bigger sharks and bigger breaches on Sunday, August 9 and continues through Sunday, August 16. With more than 20 hours of shark programming throughout the week, SHARK WEEK 2020'S jaws-dropping lineup will deliver incredible shark stories and celebrate the 20th anniversary of 'Air Jaws.' This year, the pop culture phenomenon will take viewers to oceans around the world revealing phenomenal insights into the mysterious world of these magnificent creatures.