Let the Center for Aquatic Sciences at Adventure Aquarium assist you and your scouts in working towards Scout Badges and Journeys with hands on activities, live animals and science!
Scout Workshops are not available in July and August.
Classes are 30 minutes long. Scouts can choose from classes listed above.
The half hour classroom lesson is for up to 25 Scouts and 3 additional chaperones.
The half hour Top of Ocean Realm tour is for up to 25 people.
|Classroom Lesson||Top of Ocean Realm Tour|
While each of the workshops below were designed to assist in specific Journeys, Girl Scout Leaders can feel free to book any of the workshops below. Please let your Group Reservationist know which level of Scouts your girls are in so that the workshop can better be tailored to their age group.
- Juniors: Women in Science/Careers at an Aquarium
- Designed to assist in the completion of the aMuse Journey, Scouts will learn about women in science careers, and different careers at the Aquarium that help us take care of our animal collection.
- Brownies: Who Needs Water?
- Designed to assist in the completion of the WOW Journey, we’ll look at different animals, how they use water, and how Scouts can help care for these animals and their habitats.
- Daisies: Take Care
- Designed to assist in the completion of the “Bird Bath Award”, Daisy Scouts will learn about several animals that make good pets, and others that do not, and how animal professionals care for these animals.
While each of the workshops below were designed to assist in specific badge, Boy/Cub Scout Leaders can feel free to book any of the workshops below. Please let your Group Reservationist know which level of Scouts your boys are in so that the workshop can better be tailored to their age group.
Using live animals, animal artifacts, and hands-on science, we’ll provide your scouts an introduction to any of the following Merit Badge topics:
- Boy Scouts:
- Reptile and Amphibian Study
- Bird Study
- Environmental Science
- Fish and Wildlife Management
- Soil and Water Conservation
- Cub Scouts:
- Spirit of the Water
- Critter Care
- Super Science
- Adventures in Science
- Into the Wild