Adventure Aquarium's educational partner - the New Jersey Academy for Aquatic Sciences (NJAAS) - is pleased to offer several workshop options for scouts to work towards earning their badges. Workshops are 2 hours long and are broken down into four sessions. Each half hour long session completes a requirement for the badge. Please see the full badge description to determine if your scouts will need to do more work on their own outside of the workshop, as not all workshops complete all of the needed requirements.
Workshops are available daily from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm or 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm, and are be reservation only.
Boy Scouts can choose from the following badge workshop offerings:
- Webelos Naturalist Badge
- Boy Scout Oceanography Badge
Girl Scouts can choose from the following badge workshop offerings:
- Junior Wildlife Badge
- Juniors Water Wonders Badge
- Juniors Marine Animals Badge (GSEP*)
- Juniors Ocean Discovery Badge (GSCSNJ*)
- Brownies Animals Try-It
- Brownies Eco-Explorer Try-It
- Brownies Marine Animals Try-It (GSEP*)
- Brownies Ocean Discovery Try-It (GSCSNJ*)
- Up to 20 scouts - $175.00 (each additional scout up to 29 is an additional $8.75 a person)
- 30 - 40 scouts - $350.00 (each additional scout up to 50 is an additional $8.75 a person). Please note that the group will be divided in half and will be working in different classroom spaces.
Note: Cost does not include admission to Adventure Aquarium. Due to space limitations, up to 3 adult chaperones will be permitted to attend the worksheet at no extra cost. However, additional chaperones are welcome to explore the Aquarium while the scouts are in their workshop. All additional chaperones and "tagalongs" must still pay admission.
*These badges are "Council's Own" badges, but workshops are open to any troop that wishes to book them.
If you do not see a workshop that fits your scouts' needs, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to try to work with you. Scouts are also welcome to book any of our Learning Adventures or Tour Programs.